Right Click

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Go to the Goal!

Today started a new chapter in our lives.....Soccer.  The kids played at the YMCA when they were 3, but I hardly call that soccer.  Well this fall Colton decided that soccer was the sport that he wanted to play.  Adam and I aren't really soccer fans (please don't tell Colton ; ), but we went with it because he kept insisting.  Mindy and Camilo were excited though.

His team is the Copperheads.  There are only 7 boys on the team, all 6, 7 and 8 years old.  They play 5 boys on the field at a time, so he got LOTS of playtime!  As usual, he is the smallest boy out there :( Bad genes on my part....sorry Colton.

Colton had a GREAT time out on the field today (and that's all that matters)! He was aggressive and scored his first goal! He was very excited. After all the running, he was VERY tired. Towards the end of the game, he didn't want to run up and down the field too much. One hour of full running was too much for our little guy. He should sleep well tonight. :) We will have to work on his stamina to last the whole game. Overall, he did great and we are really proud of him. I guess soccer may be his thing and we will learn to love it as we learn the game with him!  He is stuck with us cheering him on whether he likes it or not. :)









 Some of our cheerleaders:  Sofia, Maddie, MawMaw, and PawPaw
(PawPaw Carter and Mindy aren't pictured)

 Throw in

 Yeah, I scored that!
I didn't get my camera out in time to catch the ball going in, only the celebration after :(

 One HAPPY boy after his first goal at halftime.







No comments:

Post a Comment