It's been along time! I am so sorry. Lots has been happening since the last post (Easter). I will try to do this in order :)
On April 25th, we were blessed with another niece, Lily Grace. She is just beautiful and as happy as can be.
We finished up with baseball and softball. Maddie's team actually got 1st place at their end of the season tournament! This means that she got a BIG trophy; which she treasures with her life! She finally found something that she loves to play...my Softball Diva! I guess it comes with the genes. LOL Colton got a baseball trophy as well. He liked baseball, just not as much as she loved it!
Adam and I had our 10 year anniversary! We went on a cruise last November as an early celebration. God has truly blessed us and we are thankful everyday for what He has given us! We couldn't have asked for anything more, love, life, health, and happiness!
This summer we took several trips: Dallas, to visit family, SeaWorld with cousins/friends, Galveston for a week, and The Bluebell Creamery. The kids went to VBS and a summer fun day camp. They love participating in these annual camps! We also went to "the real circus" (Ringling Brothers)! We had a great summer!!!
We got a puppy! His name is Tyson and we rescued him from Golden Beginnings Golden Retriever Rescue. He is 12 weeks old now. His mom was pure golden retriever and his dad was either black lab or newfoundland. He looks just like a golden but he is pure black! So cute!
I got a new job that is closer to home. I am teaching K-3 special education at Jane Long Elementary. I provide reading, writing, and math interventions in mostly a pullout (resource) setting. I see 9-10 groups of kids a day. I am finding my way, but it is exhausting! I am more tired after school this year, than teaching kindergartners all day! Who knew??!! I think it is the fast pace and no time between groups. I couldn't have asked for a better staff to work with though. The transition has been very welcoming and I already feel at home. Thanks to all the wonderful people at Long!
My "babies" started kindergarten this year! I cannot believe it! They each got the teachers that were suggested for them. They are really nice, loving women; exactly what I prayed for. Maddie is the teacher's pet, of course and Colton is just 100% boy, and his teacher adores him for that. They are both little sponges and soak everything up that they learn at school. They absolutely LOVE it and we couldn't be happier. I am able to drop them off in the mornings and they get to ride the bus home (we are the 1st drop-off on the way home).
For the fall we are playing flag football and softball. Football, what can I say, we are way in over our heads!!! Colton is the smallest one out there and doesn't do much! It's frustrating to say the least; especially since the team is so competitive and only wants to win. One of the volunteer opportunities for the team was to scout out & video tape the opponents, give me a break, these kids are 5! They have him playing positions that are just unreasonable for a kid his size and he gets PLOWED over every game. Maddie is back in her comfort zone and loving it!
One last update....Mindy is pregnant! She will be 14 weeks on Thursday. Camilo & Mindy's bundle of joy is due to arrive in late March. We are so excited! Maddie didn't take the news very well. I am not sure if she just doesn't want to share "her Mindy" or what, but that girl gave Mindy some dirty looks when she told her. We were at dinner and Maddie wouldn't speak or look at her for the rest of the meal. After a couple of weeks to process it, she is now very excited about her new cousin!
Wow, that is alot! I will try to update more frequently from now on! Pictures will come tomorrow night! :) Lots of love!
Hello world!
1 year ago
I had no idea you moved to Jane Long! Yay for the move!
ReplyDelete